A lot of thought goes into making your home safe for your family. To keep up with your kids, you need a floor that is safe, durable, and easy to clean.
Gerflor vinyl flooring is an ideal surface for a child’s playroom. It washes easily, without the need for potentially harmful cleaning chemicals. It is equipped with Gerflor’s Pureclean technology to repel dirt and germs, which is especially beneficial for children who suffer from allergies or asthma. And it provides cushioned comfort, so it feels great under bare feet.
Design Consultant Cheryl Grant shares her tips for creating a safe playroom:
The perfect playroom is not just about educational toys, care should also be given when designing and decorating the room. Consider the following:
– Paint: Select an Eco-based safe paint, with no VOC emissions. Most national brands offer one in their assortment.
– Window Coverings: Avoid window blinds with cords, roll up shades or cordless blinds are readily available.
– Flooring: For the healthiest option choose a hard surface floor over broadloom. Area rugs and carpet trap dirt and germs and are not easy to clean. Look at a luxury vinyl tile with water resistant, anti-mould and mildew properties. The colour and design options are endless and a Gerflor is always comfortable under-foot and safe.
– Furniture: Select the right scale of furniture for your child so he or she doesn’t have to climb to get what they need. The right scale allows them to tidy and pick up after themselves (you may live in hope this behaviour will continue into their teens – it never does).
– Safety first: Make the investment in safety covers for electrical outlets, baby locks for cupboard doors and door handle covers that prevent them going into a room that is off limits.
– Lighting: The safest option is installed overhead lighting versus easily tipped over portable lamps with electrical cords. No doubt you may not find this list of design ideas very exciting but if you combine these features with bright fun colour, lively music and lots of games it will keep your child happy, healthy and safe.